Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phil Wareham
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Sony slt a35 focus problem in low light
May 28, 2012

Hi, I've been using my SLT a35 for a month or so, and have just noticed that it seems to have issues with focusing in low light. Is this normal? Last night I was indoors (dark outside, fluorescent lights on, ISO800 f1.8 and 1/60) and the camera ran through the whole range of focus from one end to the other and then stopped without achieving focus lock. If I switch to manual focus I sometimes got the green box for focus lock and sometimes not. Other people around me where using iphones and compact cameras and seemed to be doing okay!

Do I need to pop the flash and use flash assist focussing, and if I do can I avoid it firing when I shoot? I hate flash photos and bought the 35mm 1.8 specificially to avoid them.

The confusing thing is that I don't know if this problem was there all along and I just noticed it, or if it's a little broken!

Thanks!

Sony SLT-A35
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow