Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tallshorty
Contributing MemberPosts: 720
Like?
Some pics taken with Canon 5D III...and my impressions
May 28, 2012

I went from a Canon 7D to the Canon 5D III and have no regrets (Got a killer deal on the Canon 5D III as well). Three things that really stood out for me compared to the Canon 7D:

1) Very good AF. Even at night time with a Kenko 2x teleconverter on a 70-200mm F4L IS I can still AF (that's at F8!)

2) Excellent ISO capabilities. With the 7D I am very reluctant to shoot at ISO 3200 but the 5D III, I have no hesitation to shoot at ISO 25600. Even though the 24-70 F2.8L has no IS, I have no problem hand holding it even in the dimmest light!

3) Full frame really do make pictures look better compared to crop sensor, especially when you want the extra bokeh. It actually looks different. I can't explain it. I am now really enjoying using my Canon 50mm 1.4. With a crop sensor, framing was always difficult and too tight especially inbdoors or in a restaurant and I always wanted more bokeh. Now I am using the 50mm way more frequently.

Anyways, here are some photos taken with the 5D III:

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow