Lowepro Photo Sport 200 as a daily bag in India?

Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,913Gear list
Like?
Lowepro Photo Sport 200 as a daily bag in India?
May 28, 2012

I've got an major journey upcoming that has me rethinking my usual waistpack+ small daypack setup for my D90+2-3 consumer lens travel kit. The first part of the trip will involve two weeks of baggage-forwarded country walking with just provisions for the day's hike carried - along with the photo gear; the remainder of the trip will be more usual lodging-centered day trips in India and Southeast Asia. Since the country walking portion of the trip will not require more than 20 liters/8-10lbs of personal items in addition to my 6lb. camera kit, I am strongly considering using a small adventure backpack, specifically the Lowepro Photo Sport 200 for both purposes, as it appears not too large to be unwieldy in a more urban situation but may have a decent full harness for the country walking portion of the trip. It won't be as easy to work out of as a waistpack, but its side access hatch looks to be a good compromise and no worse than one would expect with a sling pack.

Does anyone have experience using such this pack as an all-in-one daybag in India and SE Asia? Would this indeed be too unwieldy in these situations? Should I consider a more compact and controllable/monitorable bag? The other option would be to use a heftier bag, like the ClikElite Obscura for the first part of the trip, send it home along with the rest of my provisions specific to that part of the trip, and carry along my usual bag arrangement for the remainder of the journey.
Thanks for your advice.

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow