Alternatives to Photoshop?

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ProtoPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 980Gear list
Like?
30 Days
In reply to ms960, May 28, 2012

For the OP, if you come back, that is very unfortunate...

You never did say where you got CS3 from, though at least one person has asked. It may be legit and a major error has been made, or upgrading may catch something that on-line registration and updates do not. The appearances don't mean all that much if it is a high quality fake. If you got a great deal on-line for what looked totally legit when you got it and did activate, that is unfortunate if you got burned, but those can be the chances.

You do have a 30 day money back guarantee from Adobe, so you shouldn't be out any money. No need to go to a credit card company, and certainly no moral justification for pirating, previous posts notwithstanding.

I buy direct from Adobe myself, never a problem.

As for photoshop alternatives, that is very dependent on what you do. As a former PSP guy, i feel that Corel has dumbed down since the acquisition from Jasc while PS has moved forward, but opinions vary, and the best price point really comes down to what features you individually use. PSP in the hands of a skilled user will far outperform Photoshop with an indifferent user, it is when skill levels are equal and advanced that the big differences occur.

ProtoPhoto's gear list:ProtoPhoto's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow