Started May 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bluesteel105
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
XP1 + Zeiss 50mm Go To The Rodeo
May 28, 2012

What was I thinking? Taking a manually focus lens to a rodeo? Well it was mostly to see if using these lenses are practical. Overall, I think they are. I actually got about 2/3 of the shots in focus, even at F2.8, which I mostly shot at. It was a little tough with the EVF in bright sunlight but not as bad as I anticipated. The 50mm Zeiss is a 75mm equivalent focal length, which is actually really nice but mostly for portraits. It was slightly funny to be standing there next to two dozen other photographers with their huge DSLR bodies and giant sports lenses lol.

Anyways, take a look at a couple of the shots -- not the greatest but you'll get the idea. You can really see that Zeiss 3D effect with the group cowboy picture. Minimal PP, just some cropping and little bit of contrast. Settings were mostly F2.8, 1/3500ish, L100 ISO, +1 color, +2 sharpening. Cheers

Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow