Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,083Gear list
Like?
Hood for the Oly 12/2?
May 27, 2012

Bought an Oly 12/2 today ... at the big grocery store next to Stockholm airport.

Well, that's where the seller (who wanted some cash to finance his new D800) and I met to close the deal. Even by US standards, 600 USD for an "as new" copy (originally purchased in January) and still under warranty is a pretty good deal I think. And compared to the normal Swedish price tag of about USD 1,000, it approaches a steal. So I couldn't resist even though I am not sure that I really need this lens (especially since I already have the 7-14, the 14, and the 14-45).

But ... now I have it anyway. So next question: hood? And no, I am not in the mood to shell out another 100 USD or so to get the original Oly stuff. I am sure there is something that works well, and hopefully looks and feels good too, out there for far less money.

So what are you people using, hood-wise, on your 12/2s? And where did you get it? Would love to see your reports, and pictures too of course if you have any.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow