Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
athertop
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Elinchrom BXRi 500 recycling issue
May 27, 2012

I recently purchased a set of BXRi 500 Elinchrom strobes, and right from the offset noticed an issue. This is what happens:

I have 2 strobes, (mostly set at the same level as my clients demand flat lighting), It doesn't matter if I use the Skyport transmitter or Pocket Wizards (just want to make it clear that this is not a triggering issue), I am shooting around 160 images in each set (about 10 sets a day), and during any of those sets one of the two strobes will decide to take 10-15 seconds to recycle, so I shoot without realising one hasn't recycled yet, and I just get a flash from the remaining strobe. Then further down the line, the same will happen with the alternate unit. If I wait for that 10-15 seconds, then I get the beep to indicate the strobe is charged and I can then shoot away until it decides to do it again down the line. I'd say in each 160 shots, this is happening 2-3 times between the 2 units, and they never both do it on the same shutter release, it appears totally random.

Anyone else seen this with the BXRi 500 model?

Cheers, Paul A

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow