My last post before I leave.

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Budvarholsten
Contributing MemberPosts: 615Gear list
Like?
I'll probably hire.
In reply to Budvarholsten, May 27, 2012

My biggest problem going full frame is going to be how useable is it for me?

Fourteen years ago I had an accident at work that left me paralysed from the upper chest down and in a wheelchair. As a result of this I have no stomach muscle control and I constantly need a free hand to support myself upright otherwise I just flop forwards. Using a viewfinder is nigh on impossible so the flip out screens on the gh series has made them invaluable.

The two ff models I am looking at both don't have the flip out screen that my gh cameras have, but I've been looking at the swivi screen which does appear to be the answer to my prayers.

I've been considering the d800 along with the 5d mk iii and while I prefer the extra resolution that the d800 offers, reviews seem to point out that auto focus using liveview is a slow and sluggish affair in comparison to the canon, which I already know is going to be nowhere near as good as out gh cameras.

Although a few of you have 'bigged up' the e-m5, the thing that really puts me off is the screen, it just stinks of costcutting. If you are going to include a fold out screen, make it something that is actually usable in both landscape and portrait mode.

I think my best bet is going to be to hire both the canon and nikon and see how I get on. If both are hopeless for me, I may not be going anywhere!

-- hide signature --

http://www.holmax.com
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!

Budvarholsten's gear list:Budvarholsten's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
D800New
yupNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow