Got brand new 17-70 f2-f4.0

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rawmeister
Regular MemberPosts: 266
Like?
Re: Do you have a phone? (nt)
In reply to Chuck Lantz, May 27, 2012

Yes - good idea.

The retailer is Camtech Camera in Hamilton, Ontario.

The owner is AOK and has treated me well for years, but he has a new guy now dealing with the walk ins, who has no idea how to treat customers properly. The store should have replaced the lens for me especailly since I've been a customer for so many years. Business owners often forget that business 101 says "hey stupid" keep the customers you already have first. Then worry about getting more. Defense wins championships and all that. I guess he was away that day in school. Oh wait, there was no school. OK then, common sense is not so common after all. I know that I will never darken their doorway again.

If I don't hear anything from Sigma regarding my lens (prefferably repaired and delivered to my door) within two weeks of when they received it, then I will never buy anything Sigma again. Then I will write to Yamaki in Japan and tell him exactly why he lost another customer, and then send a copy of that letter to the Sigma Service department here.

Pretty much sick and tired of getting boned by retailers and service departments.
I won't let it happen again because all my business now goes to B&H.
Those guys are real professionals when it comes to retailing gear.

And I know that Sigma USA is a well run operation, but unfortunately I don't have acces to them being from outside the USA.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow