Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,876Gear list
Like?
Re: My personal wish list for a "dream" K-5's successor
In reply to sfa1966, May 27, 2012

sfa1966 wrote:

Tibor1 wrote:

1- Body –I consider the K-5’s body being JUST PERFECT, so no additional wishes here.

I am a left-eyed shooter and find the rear right-hand side of the body to be difficult to access (obstructed by my own face), so there are some improvements I'd like to see. E.g. Move the green button to the top and move the LV button away from the 4-way controller. (Just like the new K30.) Ditch the dedicated ISO button, and allow the OK button to be used for it (like on the K10D/K20D). Add a swivel LCD (at least as an option?)

I had to break a 30-year left-eye habit to make the K-5 work for me. That's really the only thing that I found troublesome; in fact I gave up on the K-7 for it but the K-5 was too good so I adapted so it's too late, if they change it back I shall go mad. I've tried the eyepiece booster but I also wear glasses and the eye relief gets too short.

I too agree with the list. Not enough people want the square sensor that can shoot different ratios at the max size a la Lumix LX3/GH1 I guess, but that's a big dream that can wait another generation. Peaking is nice, but I cannot imagine the 2012 offerings will get me to hand over my K-5. However - the K30 leads me to believe that the next K-5 will amaze in new ways.. we shall see about that.
--
Jim in Oregon -- K5 user, Alpha a200 / Lumix G1 veteran
talking to myself at http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow