Opinion? Epson 4000 printer

Started May 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,582Gear list
Like?
Re: Opinion? Epson 4000 printer
In reply to landscaper1, May 27, 2012

Lots of comments here from people who've never owned a 4000.

I've had one for about 3 years, and here's what I can tell you from experience. IQ is great on the 4000, but slightly better on the x800 and later models. The ability to switch instantly between matte and glossy can be major if that's something you need. I do all my printing on glossy and semi-gloss paper, so it doesn't matter to me. If you want to use the full 17" width, roll paper is a big plus, because you can print 16"x24" on a 17"x25" piece of paper. Very few papers are available as 17"x25" sheets, and 17"x22" sheets limit you to 14"x21" prints of uncropped DSLR captures - suddenly not so wide-format after all. The 4000 is supported by QuadTone RIP, which enables very high quality and customizable B&W printing with the standard color inks.

On the down side, I do have to run head cleaning before using the printer if it's sat idle for more than a few days.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +33 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow