Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
doughead
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Best IQ lens combo for NEX-7
May 27, 2012

I've been thinking alot about getting the best IQ combo lenses for my NEX-7, not super high-end class IQ but just the best possible IQ without breaking the bank. I currently only have the SEL 18200 but im thinking of selling it and get the Carl Zeiss SAL 1680Z and the SEL 2418 or SAL 70300G. (I'll be getting the LA-EA2 adaptor for this purpose). After thinking through between the CZ prime and G series telezoom, my past experience has shown that my old Canon 24mm F/1.4 saw minimal use, so i'm thinking the 70-300mm G would be a better bet. Would like you guys/gals' inputs if this 2 lenses would make a big difference in IQ compared to the SEL 18200. I did readup on both lenses, the SAL 1680 being very good in IQ but scoring less for build quality, while i have less knowledge about the 70300G. What i am pleasantly surprised about is i didnt know higher-grade lenses have variable-max-apertures models which are more friendly to my budget (my past experience with Canon lenses showed that their L series are mostly limited to fixed F/2.8 or F/4 models). Bulk is not a problem for me, im more concerned about IQ. Any thoughts?

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow