Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,176Gear list
Like?
Pleased with GX1
May 27, 2012

I have to say that despite slight OM-D envy, my GX1 is proving to be very enjoyable and a good upgrade from my GF1.

Are Oly colors better? Maybe from JPEG but honestly, GX1 JPEGs are nice too. Certainly, with raw, I have zero complaints and no magenta or other color cast issues, which I did have with my GF1 and a bit with my G3.

Example of raw from LR3 with no color modifications at all:-

To my eye the colors are very much as I remember them. Apologies for the boring composition but this museum visit was more about testing the camera.

And while OM-D owners are raving about the high ISO noise performance of the OM-D, which looks good, the GX1 is no slouch. Here is an ISO 3200 cockpit shot processed with LR3 and then Topaz Denoise 5 - note the detail retained in the compass. This is a big step up from the GF1 or even my GH1, and I also find it better than my G3. Really, this is near APS-C performance don't you think? Here is a 100% crop:-

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony SLT-A57 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow