Nikon D7000 overexposure is very real.

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZorSy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,944Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D7000 overexposure (in Jpeg) is very real, it's set to do so
In reply to Barry Fitzgerald, May 27, 2012

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

I agree the shooter is in charge, on the other hand the blowout is strong and the shadow areas are pushed to midtones. Midtones to highlights and well the highlights are RIP on that one.

-2EV in NX2 and still most of the sky is out.

It's for this reason that Nikon probably added the exp fine tune function for models after the D80

I don't think the D7k is as bad as the D80 was..as for MM, if Nikon took tens of thousands of shots in the exposure database, yet they didn't take a single shot of a blue sky with a dark ish foreground?

I find that puzzling!

Agree about that. BUT, there is a twist to Nikon's MM - if you have external flash on (FP etc) even if pointing up (and would not contribute to the light, not even a bit), the MM "cools down" and meters almost on the spot (the same scene) - and now figure that!? At least on my D80 with SB600.

Others makers might overexpose that too, though not as much. It seems hard for them to work out that a scenic shot does need to have the AF point exposure turned down/off

I don't use scene modes, who knows maybe it works. But it can be easily seen I took CW shot 5 sec later (I said I know my D80 and we were hiking on a very narrow path), so switch to CW was the quickest option, the one I knew would work 100%.

ZorSy's gear list:ZorSy's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow