7D overexpose easily?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
labe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,593Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D overexpose easily? Twan
In reply to twan, May 27, 2012

this may sound silly but. Take a shot at Av then using auto iso instead of fixed and try the "P" mode and see what the camera thinks is the best settings. If its still over exposing then look at the histogram or high/lowlight blinkies and try again using + - ev. Also like some else said do try a cir pol filter, as depending on what angle your at to the sun it can make a big difference to the amount of colour in the sky. I'm new to canon cameras myself and find the 7D and 60D are very different to my other cameras in the way they meter and the colour rendition.

Better still. If you want a fixed shutter and aperture then use manual mode with auto iso and again use the info from your first shot to set the ev comp then retake. Even try different AF point settings . Its one of the best ways to learn. Take a pad and pen with you and make notes of what you did. Have fun.
--
new to technology,always learning

labe's gear list:labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Nikon D3300 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow