Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Intermittentoverexposure
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
a57 iso performance / no auto iso ARGH
May 27, 2012

I just sent the a57 back, for the same reason I sent the a65 back. There's no upper limit adjustment for auto iso. Before I get a lecture on features/price, hold on. I don't mind paying more for performance and features, but this is down right horrible. I just shot a d3200 two days ago, and it DESTROYS the a57 and a65 in low light.

Sony has a definite problem with iso performance due to the SLT tech. This problem is being severely exacerbated by the default iso settings on the cameras. The a65 LOVED iso1600, in all it's smeared jpg glory. I was all excited looking at the a57 samples that iso1600 is now usable on the a57. So what does Sony go and do? The f*cking idiots crank the auto iso range up to 3200. I didn't realize that when I ordered it. I understand paying for higher features, but come on. I don't care if it's adjustable, just set the defaults in the non-smear range.

I'm now in a holding pattern again, waiting on the D600, because I refuse to pay the money they want for the a77 with such abysmal iso performance. I'd rather change out my glass at this point. facepalm

Intermittentoverexposure's gear list:Intermittentoverexposure's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
Nikon D3200 Nikon D600 Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow