Started May 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Underdog 3000
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
SR - is it worth it?
May 27, 2012

On my honeymoon, back in '99, I bought an affordable dslr. I stayed with that manufacturer throughout the years.

Once digital became prevalent , I bought the istD. Nothing but problems and considered giving up the art. Years later we had a baby and I had a renewed interest. I bought a Sony HD Camcorder that took good stills and I was reinvigorated to take even better shots. I started looking at segway cameras at the cost of $400 but in the end up saving up for and buying the K-5 (when it was nearly full price).

Sorry for the long lead in but, now that the lens market is is leaning towards OS and Pentax lenses are so pricey, I have to ask, other than affordable weather sealing, what is the benifit of staying with Pentax?

Underdog 3000's gear list:Underdog 3000's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-5 Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow