Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,551Gear list
Like?
Re: I have a pretty nice collection but
In reply to Marla2008, May 27, 2012

Marla2008 wrote:

No problem John. What I mean is that compared to the PL25, or the legacy 55/1.7 I had before (Auto Reflecta), it gives a very clean, modern, a little "sterile" output. Very sharp, very accurate, but not even close in color depth or micro contrast to the other two. That's probably why although it's a terrific lens, I use it very little (to be honest I even considered selling it).

It's a hard thing to explain, I just don't get much emotion either from shooting this lens, or from the pictures it gives me. A little irrational, I know, but to me photography is an almost visceral thing, and this lens just doesn't grab my guts like the PL25 does.

Interesting; I have the same feeling about the 14-45mm. I think part of that is the color balance of the lens; it has just a slight tendency to emphasize blues....

I find that my all-purpose lens is the 14-140mm. I use that a great deal, and I am very happy with it; much happier than with the 14-45mm. It has also crossed my mind that I should sell the 14-45mm.....

I think if I had to pick three lenses for the GH2, they would be the 14-140mm, the 12mm Oly, and either the 45mm Oly or the 100-300mm Panasonic. If size and cost were a consideration, I would substitute the 14mm Panasonic for the 12mm Oly (although I think the 12mm is a really spectacular lens, and would hate to not have it).

I have not tried the 25mm, but that is not a focal length I ever use, so I really don't want one....on the other hand, if they came out with a great 35mm, I would buy it in an instant.....

-Janet

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow