Catching little pieces of time
Making them yours, making them mine
Great vacations and celebrations
Can fade away in a year
But when we're making memories
Happy days are always here"

You can see the rest of the lyrics to this Disney/Kodak song here:
http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/45703.html

Sometimes we take pictures because we see something beautiful or unusual, but mostly we take pictures to record a person, place or event -- we're "making memories." This challenge is a place to show the best of both: I want to see beautiful pictures that also record a special moment in time. (Unfortunately, most of mine seem to be one or the other!)

The petite woman in the center is my husband's 101 year old grandmother. Her wish for her birthday was a hot air balloon ride, which she took shortly after this photo was taken. For her 100th birthday, we threw a surprise birthday party, and I made a slide show of photos (we had her baby pictures, and even a wedding photo of her parents from 1905.) Priceless memories, that preserve a lifetime.

Rules

1) Enter up to 3 photos from any camera taken at any time. Let us know about equipment, settings and processing if you like.

2) The winner chooses the next mini challenge theme and selects the next winner and so on...

3) Please post your entries by replying to this original post rather than under someone else’s post - and change the subject line to the title(s) of your images or something like that to separate your picture posts from comments that someone may make about your post.

4) As usual, exhibition entries are encouraged, if you have interesting images to share beyond your three entries, or should you feel you are not able to host the challenge in the event that you win.

5) All entrants should check the results of the challenge and be ready to jump in with the next competition if they are the winner.

6) PLEASE feel free to make as many comments as possible. This adds to the fun and keeps people coming back. The challenge starts now and closes for entries and exhibits on Sunday June 3rd 8pm CST

Additional rule for this competition: A story about the memory in your photo will gain you bonus points when I judge the images!

-- hide signature --

Karen

ParietalPenguin's gear list:ParietalPenguin's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A55 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow