"Aputure" Trigmaster Plus vs. Cactus V5 vs Yongnuo

Started May 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
victorian squid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,000Gear list
Like?
Re: Aputure TrigMaster Plus: bad PC cables in 4 units
In reply to ComputerDork, May 26, 2012

That's too bad about your cable - my PC cable is all fine and gets used frequently. That really was one of the selling points, so I hope they sort it out quickly!

Most of your observations are the ones that most people complain about (2 button test) and placement of hot shoe/cold shoe (or no shoe in this case!). I think they concentrated more on copying PW than coming up with some original ideas on their own.

Another minor annoyance is that since there's no cold shoe on the bottom, it would be nice if the bottom was flat (instead of curved), so it could be set on a solid surface with a flash on it.

I think your idea about a 3 position switch is a good one, the test fire still makes me crazy as I always have something else in one of my hands. Since they make such a nice big trigger button it would be nice to maximize its usefulness!

victorian squid's gear list:victorian squid's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow