A57 or NEX 5N

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: A57 or NEX 5N
In reply to wireless, May 26, 2012

I went ahead and ordered the A57. Should be here Friday. I took them both outside in the sunlight and it was clear I'd do a lot better with the viewfinder. I was leaning to the NEX when I went in but it will be much easier to take good photos with the A57.

I told them I'd take the kit lens 18-55mm. I may not stay with that though. Looking online at all the lenses. I'm not that price sensitive on them if the extra $$$ results in better photos. Doesn't seem like there's a perfect lens. But you already knew that

On my old Minolta I had a Minolta 28-85mm I think it was and basically used that all of the time even though I had a 70-210mm Vivitar. Carried both all over Europe in a backpack and maybe used the Vivitar twice.

Trying to decided between something like a SAL 16-105mm which sounds about perfect or a Zeiss 16-80mm or a 24-70mm. Wish the f2.8 went a little further. I'm open to Tamrons or Sigmas too. Didn't like the Sigma website. Any suggestions along those lines. Would be shooting kids playing soccer plus indoor shots of people mainly.

Is there any downside to getting a used Minolta autofocus compared with a new Sony or Zeiss lens?

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow