Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 14,953
Like?
Re: Auto-ISO Discussion for Those in the Know
In reply to Graystar, May 26, 2012

Graystar wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

For me personally, I look at the lens and scene and determine a realistic upper limit. If the lens/scene combination has no hope of getting good results at ISO 1600 (just an example) then I set higher limit than ISO 1600. I have had good results with Topaz DeNoise at ISO 3200 and fair at ISO 6400. With that in mind I set 3200 most often and then make a determination if I can accept 6400 vs a slower shutter. If the action in the scene is most often faster than a walk, I set ISO 6400 as I know blur will be a bigger problem. If the action is a walk or slower, I know that I have a good chance with VR and 6 FPS to get a few keepers at 3200 (when shutter gets forced lower than my min) which is often preferred over 6400 in my case personally. It's just how my mind works as I see the line between 3200 and 6400 as a wall one must make a conscious decision to climb.

So are you shooting in S or M mode usually?

I really do float from A, S, and M with me primary being in A or M depending on the subject/scene or effect I'm after. Still a constant learning/growing experience for me in many ways.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow