HS25 ... catching up on my garden backlog ...

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 32,319Gear list
Like?
Re: HS25 ... catching up on my garden backlog ...
In reply to DC Alford, May 26, 2012

DC Alford wrote:

Looks good Kim, really nice color & light, especially in the sixth & seventh shot. Very effective use of subject/Bg seperation in the sixth.

How are you finding the HS25's VF? I am considering the HS25 as well as the HS30, & am trying to find reasons to justify the extra cost of the HS30.

I don't shoot RAW & I don't mind AA's(actually prefer AA's), so the main difference for me comes down to the VF's.

I'd shoot this type of camera 99% of the time using the VF, so if the HS30's is noticeably better it would be worth the extra $$$.

The EVF is effective, but suffers from really poor resolution. As a tool I find it akin to those tiny OVFs on compacts. In fact, I used this EVF more than I would ever use those tiny OVFs.

The EVF freezes, though, during AF and at fairly high magnification this makes it really tough to get the shot on moving subjects. The much better resolution of the HS30 EVF probably is worth the extra 50 bucks all on its own.

The batteries certainly seem fine, I used fully charged Eneloops and brought Duracell NiMH spares with me to Toronto. Never needed them. So nothing wrong with the AA cells, but I still prefer the better power to weight ratio of the Li-ion.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow