Does one really need CZ for the a900?

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
clarkt
Contributing MemberPosts: 681
Like?
Re: Good arguements on both sides!A
In reply to chlamchowder, May 26, 2012

chlamchowder wrote:

Actually, it might be a really good idea to wait until the new a99 comes out, and then buy a used a900 or a850 at a low price. New bodies tend to lose a lot of value as time passes, so getting a used model will get you more performance per dollar. You can also narrow any image quality gap by using the money you saved to buy nice lenses.

Surely this is the key point. I have no particular feelings about APS-C vs FF, since both formats can produce equally good or bad results. However, the A900 replacement will almost certainly be on the market by October and will offer a superset of the features available on the excellent A77. If you can afford the likely price tag and you really have to go FF, then the logical choice would be to wait. Investing in four year old technology is not a smart choice in the longer term.

I'm willing to wait until the a99 arrives, but I hope it is NOT 36MP! So far I have seen some good used a900 bodies at around $2,000. If they drop down to $1,600 after the a99 arrives then that would be very nice.

-- hide signature --

-=C
http://cthompson.zenfolio.com

"The wind blows over the surface of the lake. In this way, the effects of the invisible are made visible." … I Ching

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NordNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow