ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Manny82
Contributing MemberPosts: 571
Like?
Canon Lens on Nikon Body
May 26, 2012

Evening all.

I'm glad to say i'm now officially a Nikon owner having received my first body today - a D700. I also went and purchased an AF-S 50mm f/1.8 G just to get me going whilst i decide on what glass to get. So far i'm loving this camera - stating the obvious here, but it is miles ahead of my Canon 30D that i have moved from. I never imagined the results would be this good!

Anyway, the purpose of this thread... Whilst purchasing my lens, i mentioned to the retailer whether they purchased used lenses since i have a couple of decent Canon lenses: an EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM and an EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM (arguably the sharpest 70-200 there is). I was always under the impression that Nikon bodies didn't accept Canon lenses, but only the other way around. The retailer however advised me that very recently an adaptor came to the market that now allowed Nikon bodies to accept Canon lenses. He couldn't remember the specifics but advised me to search the net. He could only say that there are a few models but not to get a cheap one.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this, and if any of you have tried this, what are your thoughts?

It would be great if i could use my Canon glass on the D700 as both those lenses are ideal focal lengths of FF.

Thank you in advance.

Canon EOS 30D Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow