Show me-don't talk about DOF FF vs u4/3

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Peter Nelson
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,890
Like?
Andy Crowe: Silly troll, macro shots are easy
In reply to Andy Crowe, May 26, 2012

Then, are you saying all pictures of flowers at the lens closest focusing distance are macro shot's? Even when using a standard 50mm f/1.4?
I never knew that.

Then what about portraits? I always shoot at the minimum focusing distance of the lens when doing a portrait, even with my 1DsMkII and 85mm f/1.2 L lens mounted. I never once read/heard that these portraits are macro's.

Why do you label me a silly troll?

Andy Crowe wrote:

Macro shots like that are easy to get shallow depth of field, in fact you usually have the problem of too little DOF.

I could go out with my Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 and use its 20cm minimum focus distance to shoot something with insanely shallow DOF, but that would prove nothing. At normal portrait working distances getting shallow DOF becomes harder, but a 25mm f0.95 lens will match a 50mm on FF set to around f1.8-f2

This image was made a few day's back using my Kodak SLR/n 14mp FF DSLR and an old Nikon AI 50mm f/1.4.

I used base ISO 160, Av f/4 and Tv 1/90 hand held bending down and I'm 62 years old.

-- hide signature --

Life as an artist has had some unusual times to say the least.
visit my web site http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_eyes/
Remember to click on 'All Sizes' for better viewing.
Artist Eyes

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow