New X-Pro 1 home but few disappointments...

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frederico70x7
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
New X-Pro 1 home but few disappointments...
May 26, 2012

Just brought home last night an X-Pro 1 with 35 & 18. Haven't done any serious shooting yet but found 2 disappointments.

The lens hood doesn't secured and rigid when attached to the 35 lens. Although it will not come off but there is wiggle room (left and right movement)

The aperture ring on 35 is butterly smooth (similar to Leica lenses). But same on the 18 is completed story. It is really sticky and very difficult to turn.

On 35, there is considerable noise when the lens is focusing or changing aperture diaphragm (on AF-S and AF-C modes). Firmware versions on camera and lens are up to date of 1.01

Oh, there is no diopter adjustment on viewfinder! I wear bifocal and need to move my chick and use the lower portion of my glasses to have. Clear view on EVF

I think it will be easy fix for diopter by getting an add-on, but which will fit X-Pro 1?

For lens hood and aperture ring, are these normal or should I get replacement?

Does FW 1.01 fix lens chattering or this is different problem?

Frederico70x7's gear list:Frederico70x7's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +20 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow