ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SLOtographer
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,908Gear list
Like?
**** This Week Through Your M43 May 26, 2012 ****
May 26, 2012

M43 Onion "Equivalence Strikes Back"

At last Panasonic and Olympus have revealed the weapons that true M43 rebels would use to realize their photographic visions. Panasonic has unleashed the 12-3mm f2.8 zoom. Olympus unveiled the 75mm f1.8 long portrait lens. Stunning quality. A time for peace and harmony... or so we were deceived.

Hanshin Soloshima, a Panasonic lens engineer, and his good friend Rondo Calrissiyama, chief designer of the Oly 75mm met one day for lunch. They are old college buddies and are catching up. Then their thoughts turned to the recent DPR forum madness.

"Congratulations on a fine lens, Rondo!"

"Thanks Hanshin! I am truly impressed by your new portrait lens. I hope to use that on my GH3. Oops! Did I say 3? It must be the sake," he said chuckling.

"But really I wanted to ask you about the DOF trolls on DPR. All they do is compare to medium format. So by extension my LX5 is a 90mm f-infinity when zoomed in. Ah ha ha ha!! Those silly pixel peepers..."

Then into the restaurant walked in the master teacher for Hanshin and Rondo. They both learned the art of lens design from master Yodashima.

"It is good to see you Yodashima-sama!" they said simultaneously. And they conversed for the next 45 minutes over hot noodles, retracing old steps, and laughing at the story of the intern who designed the LVF1.

Again the talk returned to the DOF equivalence police. Who could be behind this? Yodashima signed deeply, and spoke in a low, serious tone. "Searched my feelings I have. Only one answer there is." They all looked at each other in horror for they knew it could only be...

Instructions:
1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Older photos are fine. Please tell us about how you captured the image.

3. Please reply to at least one other thread.

Thank you for your participation!
--
SLOtographer

"If we limit our vision to the real world, we will forever be fighting on the minus side of things, working only too make our photographs equal to what we see out there, but no better." -- Galen Rowell

SLOtographer's gear list:SLOtographer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow