Is it just me or are there a lot of angry people here?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
If I was living like you in Portugal . .
In reply to Louis_Dobson, May 26, 2012

. . . I'd probably be happier.

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Fair enough, but I do occasionally like to make the point that I have used all the formats, and because photography is very important to me and I have no children to sent to college and I live in a cheap country.

. . . I envy you Louis. I live in expensive New York and I've spent $200,000+ so far to put three kids through college and two of them aren't finished yet. My wife isn't too sure about me retiring in four years when I'm 66 because she's eight years younger and doesn't want to be left alone handling our debts but we'll figure it out.

I can easily afford any system (not because I am rich, but because I have different priorities - the value of my car triples when I put my cameras in it).

. . . I invested quite a lot in FF equipment in years past and have been able to take the money from selling it to finance my recent m4/3 purchases. But I did drive a car for almost twenty years and rolled the odometer over twice back when I was buying those FF bodies and fast primes which is why I didn't hesitate when preordering a 75/1.8 earlier this past week since I have the FF money sitting in the bank.

So I have no need to prove the thing I am stuck with is best, because I am not stuck with it.

. . . Same here. I know what I'm missing with DOF control but there are so many other advantages in m4/3 for me that it doesn't matter.

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow