How many people are actually keeping their D800(E)?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,827Gear list
Like?
Re: This AF thing gets stranger and stranger ...
In reply to alabaster, May 26, 2012

alabaster wrote:

It might sound strange but this is when I question the validity of these claims. Frankly, I have no problem calling bull on the claim that one person had three bad D800s in a row. You pick the scenario of samples taken at random or three consecutive serial numbers and I will bet you couldn't duplicate the claim of three bad D800s in a row.

I don't get why you find this 'bull'. Are you just unable to accept a perfectly reasonable person's blog post as being true. Do you always think people are posting lies?

On a statistical basis the scenario is also quite reasonable. I mean its quite plausible that dozens of D800s coming off the production line in a row all have this fault. So you could buy a dozen cameras from the same source and all would have the same fault.
--

Those who've had AF issues exchanged their cameras, some say many times. This is what I would do. But if I had a camera that worked perfectly I wouldn't exchange it at all, let alone many times. So this makes for a very poor comparison of the number of good cameras vs bad ones.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow