d7000 at a graduation

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZorSy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,941Gear list
Like?
Re: d7000 at a graduation
In reply to crs-collectibles, May 26, 2012

crs-collectibles wrote:

I took these pics at a graduation. The colors are off, in person the cap and gowns are reddish. In my pics they look all washed out. What tool do I need to try and edit the color back to a more reddish look.

Samples of the right colors are at gradimages.com, lowell high school , li for last name, 2012.

Though you should have posted this in retouch forum and I already replied, here I go again, this time about software. Ideally, learning Photoshop and having later edition would be great as it could simplify workflow when either correcting or publishing photos - but it comes with a steep learning curve. I do not know LR, had been using PS since released a very long time ago (if I say my first graphics programs were Corel - Ventura on DOS (before Win 3.1).

As said, this photo may be worth salvaging for you due to sentimental value - I have a rule in PP: for "snaps" max 3 minutes, family prints 5x7 about the same, 9x11 about 5-10 minutes. So here is my "effort" on your photo in CS5: photo filter B82, vibrance +10, pseudoHDR both shadows and highlights +9, smart filter 0.4 - 170 - and that is it. I could have pulled it through Noiseware (due to pulling shadows) but that would be IMO overkill in post.

I guess you can get it the same and even better in LR with some time invested - yet motion blur will remain

cheers

btw, will remove the picture when post dies on page 2.

ZorSy's gear list:ZorSy's gear list
Nikon D7100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow