Want to start HDR with D300

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Firstlight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,935Gear list
Like?
Automating HDR Burst Bracketing
In reply to Justin K, May 26, 2012

Here is an only D200/D300 Trick to burst bracket automatically. Also, I think HRDEfx Pro is by far the easier of the HDR programs (I've used several):

Automating:

Put your camera in manual or a-priorirty mode [so f-stop is a constant and shutter speed is variable]

2. Choose the bracket settings you prefer, hold the BKT button and rotate dials until you get the number of frames and exposure difference dialed in.

3. Compose your shot while the camera is on the tripod, making sure the camera can find focus [test by holding down shutter halfway, asjust focus point if necessary].

4. hit MENU, SHOOTING MENU [the camera icon], INTVL TIMER SHOOTING

This next step is a one-time setup, after this you won't need to change this for this type of interval shooting...

6. On the INTVL Shooting menu, highlight NOW, then move to the right.
Make sure it reads... 00:00':01" ...then move to the right again
and make the next screen show...001 x 1 = 0001

7. Now the interval timer is set up correctly..let the lcd turn off, follow these directions for activating the timer...

8. Hit Menu, RIGHT (on INTVL TIMER), LEFT (to start now), DOWN, ENTER

That's it! After a short delay [so you can take your hands off the camera], the camera will shoot your bracked shots in hi-speed mode, which goes really quickly when there's lots of available light. I use this technique for all HDR shooting, inside or outside, dark or light. It eliminates any kind of user-movement, which IMO is even better than a remote. The high-speed shooting capability of the d200 ensures little will change in your scene during the bracketed shoot.

Enjoy,
Mike

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow