Strange deviation when looking finder.

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,429Gear list
Like?
Re: Strange deviation when looking finder.
In reply to tiec, May 26, 2012

6% seems rather a lot. Why not call Nikon's toll free number and find out. You might just have to send it in to be centered.

100% optical viewfinders are more expensive to make. Many of the more expensive models have them. My D300 has a 100% viewfinder but my D700 does not. For me and my style if doesn't matter at all. I'm going to crop to aspect ratio most of the time anyway. I also crop offensive things from the border areas I may or may not have seen when taking the image. It's all part of the image creation process.

I can't think how 6% would make a difference in any kind of photography. Do you take pictures of pictures regularly and not have time to crop properly?

Also, I'd imagine if you were taking pictures of pictures you'd be on a tripod and therefore be using LiveView anyway, or I probably would though I prefer the viewfinder.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow