Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Flash suggestions...
May 25, 2012

I have yet to buy any flash for my A55 / A77 cameras. The reason is I really don't care for on-camera flash. At best I bounce it off the ceiling if the ceiling is low enough. But I do need flash capability, so I'm asking for suggestions. I want metered flash, just not hooked to the camera. I want something I can hold in my hand or have someone else hold or even put on a stand of some sort.

And they are very expensive, and not even what I really want. I imagine something on the hot shoe that communicates with something else that is not connected by a wire. Or by a wire if necessary...

I have a slave flash I've used with other cameras, triggered with the built-in flash, but that would not be metered. I'd like something smarter.

I guess you can tell I don't know anything about flash...

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow