ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Guy Lerner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,770
Like?
5D3 made this possible
May 25, 2012

Hi all,

Just a quick example of a shot I took this morning that I doubt I would have been able to take with any other DSLR I've used before.

My five-year-old daughter is normally quite active and adventurous in front of the camera - except when she sings. That's when she withdraws into her own world and curls up into a ball at the first hint of a camera (or just when daddy's around). But I heard her singing in bed this morning, curled up next to my wife (who probably won't forgive me for showing her 'morning face' on a public forum!), so quietly snuck the 5D3 out of the bag, crept down the hallway, made sure silent shutter was active, and fired away two snaps using the little available light that there was. She didn't even flinch, and continued sharing the moment with her mom after I left.

This is not a particularly great shot technically, I probably underexposed it a little at ISO 6400 (so it's a touch noisy under the chins and in the deeper shadows), but it's a moment captured once that I probably wouldn't be able to capture again (not easily anyway, and not without much coaxing and setting it up artificially). Sometime technology does play a part in helping us capture images that we would otherwise have to entrust to our memories alone.

I always thought the silent shutter was worth its weight in gold. Now I know it.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
uhmNew
SureNew
t2i?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow