7D overexpose easily?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dmadson
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
Re: 7D overexpose easily?
In reply to twan, May 25, 2012

Looks to me as if you were metering too much of the open sky. I have the 7D and the 24-105, and DO find that exposure can be a little sensitive, so you have to know what metering settings will work best for your task at hand.

1/8 at f16? I'd never choose that combination. For an open field like that, f8 would be fine, and would result in a much faster shutter speed. How about the metering pattern you used? You need to understand the characteristics of the various choices, or you'll lose a bit of control over your image.

I'd try the same sort of image with either partial or spot metering. If you meter the trees/meadow, you should get a better rendition than if you used the evaluative settings.

It's a terrific camera body, and I would recommend it. It'll do a fine job under most circumstances, BUT you need to learn it's characteristics, or you'll run into issues like this one. The 7D absolutely ROCKS in my opinion.

Regards!
Don

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow