Printer profile saved and moved to new OS?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
NovemberSun
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Like?
Re: Printer profile saved and moved to new OS?
In reply to Howard Moftich, May 25, 2012

Howard Moftich wrote:

no, no need to reprofile.

why dont you just buy a SATA dock and transfer the disk image to the SSDs instead of going through the hassle of reisntalling from scratch?

Thanks for the reply

I am transferring everything i can to an external HDD for back-up. I keep very little on my main OS drive and everything else on three other internal HDD's. OS and a couple editing programs i keep on the main.

So in short, the reinstallation process for me is not really a big deal. half an evening maybe at the most. Ive done it a number of times in the past, ive just never considered the printer profiles. Ive also read and heard its best to just start from scratch with a fresh install instead of migrating everything when it comes to ssd's.

I keep so little on the main drive that my boot time is 40-45 from power-on using a mechanical drive in WIN 7. Needless to say im very excited for the new ssd's coming. Im going to setup RAID 0 with them.

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow