Ari Aikomus
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,886
Like?
Klaus...
In reply to Nicols, May 25, 2012

Hi - thank you for reply

Nicols wrote:

Hi Ari.

I am already curious how you will like it. I don't have much time and resources for experiments like yours, but I would like to. So, enjoy with your new toy, going from extremes, the bulky canon to the supersmall nex.

Yep, Canon 5D is indeed bulky DSLR - even after K-5. But I got used to it. 5D isn't a bad camera, actually quite decent tool - but as I said - I can't offer too much anything over K-5 (K-5 with good fast lenses).

NEX is supersmall, yes Almost ridiculous tiny with big lens like Vivitar S1 90/2.5 macro:

However, it's usable if you learn a different way to hold this camera+lens combo in your hand; you just need to take care of the weight of the lens, and the lens will take care of your NEX camera! lol.

Manual focusing with NEX is a joy to do. I like to do manual focusing through the OVF of Pentax K-5, but in awkward positions - in macro works - articulated screen & focus peaking of NEX cameras is just great! Actually I don't know how it could do better...

One more close-up with NEX and Vivitar 90/2.5:

regards,

Ari

-- hide signature --

• Ari Aikomus -

'Why should I feel lonely ? is not our planet in the Milky way?'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow