Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Nikon 16 85, hard to find, is it "kaput"
May 25, 2012

I sold my Tamron 17 50 2.8 non vc, and had planned to buy a 16 85 for my D90, just for general photography, also sold my 18 200.

Is the 16 85 out of production? or are the rumors maybe a 16 85 f4, just over the horizon?
I'd kind of like a f4, but not if the price doubles like the 24 120.

What other lenses might fit in this category? its just for general photography, and I won't consider a lens with a plastic mount, sorry no convincing will change my mind, I retired from a plastics company, after 23 years and I understand how that crap is made.

I've seen too many times of quality standards changed to get the product "out the door"

I was a quality technician testing plastics all day long seen it fail, and then ok'd to ship, by management to meet deadlines, so no plastic mounts, the plastic barrels are bad enough.

Thinking of maybe another 17 50 with vc, or Sigma version, can't think of another Nikon, except the 17 55, and I've not ruled it out.
Any ideas?

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow