Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,415
Like?
Where oh where are the viewfinders?
May 25, 2012

The only thing that's holding me back from getting a mirrorless camera, any of them, is the lack of a viewfinder. I hate composing with the LCD.

I'm really an OVF guy at heart and love composing with the viewfinders on my DSLRs.

But there's always the question of: should I get a lighter camera just for messing around? And my choices, besides the occasional point and shoots with an OVF, are pretty much zip.

I'm talking budget camera here, folks, not X100/NEX 7 territory. And I'm not talking some bogus work around like the optional EVFs that I hear work great but, still...

I had an Olympus E-450 a few years ago. It was even smaller than the Nikon D40 I had at the time. I sold it and have missed it ever since.

Is there some small budget camera I've missed that has at least a built-in EVF? Ya know, like an E-PL2 with a built-in viewfinder? Dreaming?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D40 Olympus E-450 Olympus PEN E-PL2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow