ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jackie78
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Disappointed by Canon ELPH 300 HS(ixus 220HS) build quality
May 25, 2012

Hi,

I bought myself a new Canon ixus 220HS (that's the name that Canon uses for the ELPH 300 HS here in Germany) one year ago at amazon.de, being my sixth ixus camera in a row, because I was always satisfied with Canons exxcellent build- and image quality. But the black-colored ixus 220HS is a pure desaster. It all began three months after I purchased the camera that it lost it's black paint, so that one could see the metallic camera body, starting at the edges. After a year, the camera is only 80 percent black, the rest is shiny metal, the whole camera looks totally crappy now. So what did Canon do wrong with the paint? I don't know.

Next thing that happend is the objective cover that is supposed to protect the lens from dust is not closing completely anymore, or when it does, it does not fully open when the camera is switched on. It always stucks, but doesn't open or close reliably.

As if that's not enough, the camera loses it's date/time settings if you remove the battery for more than a few seconds. So I guess there is no internal power backup, or at least it's not working.

I am totally disappointed with this Canon camera, and I wonder why Canon has degraded in quality that much. Do you have similar expeience, or is it just bad luck? Which camera brand can you recommend that offers a better build quality?

Canon ELPH 300 HS (IXUS 220 HS)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow