Does the S9300 improve on the S9100, whatever that means

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,067
Like?
Re: Does the S9300 improve on the S9100, whatever that means
In reply to Joseph Broz, May 25, 2012

Thanks for your reply. I have specifically requested info on differences between the S9300 and the S9100 and IQ comparison between those two (against the P7100) and your reply doesn't address that, just controls.

If you were to take your gift S9300 and your P7000 out shooting basically just on P, could you tell the difference just by looking at the pics?

My DSLR needs right now are being met, my "in my glove compartment emergency camera" need is not.

Joseph Broz wrote:

I just received the Nikon Coolpix S9300 for a birthday gift. I also own the Nikon Coolpix P7000. These two cameras are like the difference between an apple and a fish. The Nikon CoolpixP7000 is a bridge camera being a huge compact with some DSLR controls. This camera can swim like a fish if you take the time to learn the nature of the beast.

The Nikon Coolpix S9300 is a point and shoot with a zoom lens with NO DSLR like controls and a GPS and HD video camera. This camera is an apple that will never be a fish.

So you have to decide what kind of camera is best for your needs.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow