The D3200 is a great alternative to the Nikon 1 V1

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Beezodog
Contributing MemberPosts: 506Gear list
Like?
Re: it is a behemoth compared to the 1.
In reply to olyflyer, May 25, 2012

My comparison is against a camera bag containing THREE mirrorlless cameras plus their kit lenses. We have been claiming that our aim is to find a camera like the V1 because it is small and lightweight. But it appears that folks on this forum are sometimes carrying around three cameras simultaneously while complaining about the cost and feature lack of the V1.

My suggestion is that it would be wiser to simply purchase the D3200 and it's two zooms, and discard the supposedly inferior mirrorlless cameras altogether. The price differential is very close and you would actually save both weight and bulk by going with a single DX format camera.

I think if you reread my original posting you will see that I have been consistent on this point.

olyflyer wrote:

Beezodog wrote:

Your observation is correct. But given the fact that readers on this forum have camera bags that contain three (3) mirrorless bodies (plus their lens kits) I think that a single D3200 with lenses would be comparable in size and weight. Or am I mistaken in that observation?

No, the D3200 with the 18-55 + 55-200 is MUCH larger than the V1 + 10-30 + 30-110. I didn't check the weight, but I am quite positive it is also much heavier.

-- hide signature --
 Beezodog's gear list:Beezodog's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow