I guess this is it! The final frontier!!!

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,380Gear list
Like?
Re: I guess this is it! The final frontier!!!
In reply to WT21, May 25, 2012

I would argure DR and noise are larger issues; not everyone wants shallow DOF.

WT21 wrote:

With posts like this one: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1041&message=41607052 and ALL the attending replies and responses, we have identified the final boundary. the final frontier.

Extreme DOF shallowness!

It's the last leg the dSLR folks have. It's coming up all over here and at mu43. This is it, folks. People will segment into "I want my super blurry backgrounds" and folks who are OK with a little less than extreme.

It will shake out eventually, of course. People will stop getting their undies in a wad, but until then, be prepared to see this take up about 60-70% of the postings. It's not about noise, or DR, and CERTAINlY not about size/weght. But DOF. (and maybe a few postings about "gee, I thought small gear would be super cheap).

Don't worry. Many people went through this. Wrestling with giving up their dSLRs. They are just working through the stages of grief.

Enjoy!

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow