Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Billx08
Forum ProPosts: 11,373
Like?
Re: Jpeg jaggies
In reply to jonnyrodwell, May 25, 2012

jonnyrodwell wrote:

. . .

Couple of apologies due. First, I know what you meant about the full size pictures now.

Second, err, just for an experiment, if I view the photos in iPhoto or Aperture, I can't see the jaggies. Safe to say it's something with my Lightroom settings then?!

Sorry for what was, ultimately, a stupid thread!

Not at all, far from it. If anyone did anything stupid, count me in! Thanks to mentioning iPhoto and Aperture I realized why I was unable to see the jaggies. They were actually there but most viewing programs automatically smooth them out for you, which is exactly what my viewer (IrfanView) did. A much older version allowed me to see the jagged and the smooth view, but apparently only the smoothed view is now viewable. So I looked at your photos using PhotoMechanic and the jaggies appeared. Here you can see the actual pixels in the PhotoMechanic view, especially if you enlarge it by clicking on it once or twice. IrfanView obliterated the pixels. At this gigantic magnification (800%) you'll always see the pixels, but they should be much less obvious at 100% or slightly below if the camera is rotated appropriately, giving you practically a straight line of pixels with no "jaggies".

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow