Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brousseb
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Big Island Hawaii - What Lenses
May 25, 2012

Hi, I'll be heading to the Big Island of Hawaii in a few months and not sure about which lenses to bring. Here are my options:

5DII
17-40
24-105
70-200 F4 IS
28 1.8

I'll be there for 2 weeks and likely visiting everywhere on the island (that a wife and 3 year old can go:). My trip to Maui last year resulted in 70% of my shots at 28mm or wider (and didn't have the 17-40). I'll be taking pictures and video.

I recently picked up the 17-40 and was going to leave the 24-105 behind, I can physically fit everything in my carry on, but don't want to bring something I'm not going to use (considering I'm also bring full scuba gear).

Others who've been to the big island, am I going to miss the 24-105?? Should I bring the 24-105 and leave behind the 70-200? Part of the reason for leaving the 24-105 behind was so that I could use my 70-200 a little more (it's a little neglected right now).

Thanks

brousseb's gear list:brousseb's gear list
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM
Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow