Don't call 135 format "FF" ANY MORE!!!

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,146Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't call 135 format "FF" ANY MORE!!!
In reply to dark goob, May 25, 2012

dark goob wrote:

EVER!!!

Please for the love of God. I am so sick and tired of hearing people refer to 135-format as "FF" or "full-frame" etc. It's so much BS.

135-format is in fact the ONLY format of camera that has crop-sensor modes. The Nikon FX cameras have a "crop mode" where they shoot at a reduced resolution for faster speeds, or when a smaller-format lens like DX is attached. THAT'S A CROP SENSOR FOLKS. THE SENSOR CROPS.

Meanwhile Four Thirds is a specifically full-frame format . All the lenses made for Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds are full-frame relative to the Four Thirds sensors that they were designed for.

So please... never again say "FF" referring to 135 format. EVER! It's just misleading and wrong.

I have not seen any smiley faces or signs of "LOL" in your message.

If your're so serious, what are you going to do if folks continue to call the spade "a shovel"?
--
I’m surprised how much Wikipedia contributes to the forum.

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow