How to get 400mm f/2.8 for $300

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 17,428Gear list
Like?
Re: You are not serious, are you?...
In reply to IcyVeins, May 25, 2012

IcyVeins wrote:

Let me get this straight: I have seen ClearZoom samples and think they are far superior to previous generation digital zoom, good enough to effectively simulate optical zoom in most cases. You, on the other hand, have not seem ClearZoom samples and therefore wrongly assume that all forms of digital zoom are identical. And based on this, you think I should admit I made a mistake? Is that really what you are saying? I'm giving you the benefit of the opportunity to clarify your statement because I just can't believe that someone could manage to warp an attempt at logical reasoning in the grotesque way that you seem to have managed to do; surely you meant to say something else, right?

How could you possibly know whether I've seen samples or not. I have seen samples along with 100% crops and they look no better than ones I've made from cropping and resizing on the computer.

Yes CZ is better than simple digital zoom and nobody has said anything different but once again simply resizing digital zoom samples up will give the same results.

Your contention is Clear Zoom can replace expensive fast zoom lenses which is completely absurd because of the detail lost. You are absolutely wrong on this issue. Several other knowledgable people have said you are wrong, They have mocked you for it because your contention is so blatantly absurd yet you persist. I repeat, why can't you admit you are wrong?
--
Tom

Look at the picture, not the pixels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63683676@N07/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25301400@N00/

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow