Why isnt the PL452.8 the reference lens for testing m43?

Started May 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Re:OK I missed it.
In reply to Vaughan Williams, May 25, 2012

Now I know DPR got a bad copy; Thanks.

Vaughan Williams wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

Does anybody find it kinda weird that the reference glass for m43 testing is a legacy 43 glass?

Absolutely not.

Whether or not the PL45 is as sharp (and I doubt it, and I own both), the Oly 50 is a true reference in that it's been used to test every single 4/3 and micro 4/3 body and so provides a constant reference point for all future bodies against previous bodies.

Your constant advancing of all things Panasonic against all things Olympus does you a great disservice - you were right about the great improvements of LR4 but very few people took any notice of you because nobody takes you seriously because of your partisanship.

Somebody has to be on Panasonic side, as this whole forum is so pro Olympus its embarrassing at times. I don't give a damm if people do or dont like what I say; I usually ask my questions in good spirit and generally they are received with good response. I am what I am and aint going to change. People generally don't like the truth, it hurts if it goes against there feelings.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow