D300S Osprey on their own now...

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
PeterD07
Senior MemberPosts: 1,069
Like?
Re: Hi Peter........
In reply to Steve, May 25, 2012

Steve wrote:

Very nice shots. I understand you hand hold the 300mm f2.8 lens. I see that you used over -2ev exposure compensation. Do you correct the exposure in post processing? I understand you do not want to blow the highlights but I would think the image would be dark with this high compensation.
Regards,
Steve Provisor

Hi Steve,

I do adjust the exposure in PP, usually shadows/highlights, exposure/ brightness. As you know these birds are really difficult (blown highlights) in bright sunlight. I shoot Raw files which I think is the only way to take advantage of the camera's dynamic range and to squeeze out every available editing option. All I know is that is works for me but also know that if I shot these at 0 ev they would not look the same at all.

I do virtually all my PP using Aperture 3 as well as for file management. I'd be totally lost without this software. Adobe Lightroom too is good and I think either of these is a must if you shoot a lot.

Thanks

Pete

-- hide signature --

Shoot more, think less.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow